Joanne Barnes Weidhaas MD/PhD
Associate Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Cancer Center, Yale: Breast Cancer Program | Gynecologic Oncology Program | Radiobiology & Radiotherapy
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Therapeutic Radiology: Breast Cancer Service | Radiobiology
Radiobiology and Radiotherapy
MicroRNAs; Genetics; Radiation and chemotherapy resistance more...
- B.S., Yale University, 1990
- M.D./Ph.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 1999
- Kato M, Paranjape T, Ullrich R, Nallur S, Gillespie E, Keane K, Esquela-Kerscher A, Weidhaas JB, Slack FJ. The mir-34 microRNA is required for the DNA damage response in vivo in C. elegans and in vitro in human breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2009 Jun 2528(25):2419-24. Epub 2009 May 4.
- Hoffman AE, Zheng T, Yi C, Leaderer D, Weidhaas J, Slack F, Zhang Y, Paranjape T, Zhu Y. microRNA miR-196a-2 and breast cancer: a genetic and epigenetic association study and functional analysis. Cancer Res. 2009 Jul 1569(14):5970-7. Epub 2009 Jun 30. PMID: 19567675
- Weidhaas JB, Li SX, Winter K, Ryu J, Jhingran A, Miller B, Dicker AP, Gaffney D. Changes in gene expression predicting local control in cervical cancer: results from Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 0128. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jun 1515(12):4199-206. Epub 2009 Jun 9.