Alexander F. Au MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Plastic); Director of the Breast Reconstruction Program
Dr. Au is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine. He serves as the Director of the Yale Breast Reconstruction Program. His clinical interests are surgery of the breast, particularly reconstructive microsurgery, surgery of the head and neck, treatment of skin cancers and body contouring.
He obtained his M.D. from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and completed his residency in plastic surgery at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Following residency, Dr. Au performed a fellowship in reconstructive microsurgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
Education & Training
- Haverford College (2000)
- Univ of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry (2004)
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, General Surgery (2004 - 2007)
- Yale-New Haven Medical Center, Plastic Surgery (2007 - 2010)
- Fellow (Microsurgery)
- University of Pennsylvania, Plastic Surgery (2010 - 2011)
- Board Certification
- Plastic Surgery, Board Certified (2012)
Honors & Recognition
- Corso Award - Best resident clinical research project