Yale Cancer Center combines a tradition of innovative cancer treatment and quality care for our patients. A National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated comprehensive cancer center for over 40 years, Yale Cancer Center is one of only 41 Centers in the nation. Comprehensive cancer centers play a vital role in the advancement of the NCI’s goal of reducing morbidity and mortality from cancer through scientific research, cancer prevention, and innovative cancer treatment.
The physicians, nurses, scientists, and staff at Yale Cancer Center are leaders in cancer research and care. Cancer treatment for patients is available at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven through multidisciplinary teams who work together to make sure that every aspect of a patient’s treatment plan is well managed.
Yale Cancer Center is a collaboration between nationally and internationally renowned scientists and physicians at Yale School of Medicine and Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven. This partnership enables the Center to provide the best approaches for prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment for cancer.
Our Mission Statement
Yale Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Hospital aim to prevent and cure cancer through groundbreaking research, scientific discovery, and compassionate patient care. The collaboration of over 450 scientists and physicians focused on cancer research at Yale Cancer Center provides a strong foundation for breakthroughs in cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Yale Cancer Center seeks to capitalize on the scientific strengths of Yale University to benefit cancer patients throughout the world, while providing the very best in clinical cancer care to our patients at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven.
1. Remain committed to developing a cure for all cancers.
2. Become a leader in personalized cancer care through innovative tumor profiling techniques used to analyze every patient’s cancer.
3. Ensure every patient has an outstanding and positive cancer care experience at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven, with a steadfast focus on patient and family centered care.
4. Build on the scientific traditions of Yale University with continued investment in interdisciplinary cancer research in basic science, translational research, and prevention and control.
5. Maintain and support the expertise of the physicians, nurses, and clinical staff at Smilow Cancer Hospital and Yale Cancer Center.