Joseph N Contessa MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Gamma Knife Center, Yale-New Haven
2010 YCCI Scholars
Yale Medical Group
Cancer Center, Yale: Brain Tumor Center | Head and Neck Cancer Surgery Program | Radiobiology & Radiotherapy Research
Therapeutic Radiology: Stereotactic Radiosurgery/Gamma Knife | Radiobiology | Clinical Faculty | Spine Radiosurgery Program
Adaptive responses of tumor cells to ionizing radiation; Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling; Protein N-linked glycosylation; High throughput screens for novel therapeutic agents; Biologic markers for radiation response more...
- Ph.D., Medical College of Virginia Commonwealth Universit, 2003
- M.D., Medical College of Virginia-VA Commonwealth Univ., 2004
- Khan AP, Contessa JN, Nyati MK, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A. Molecular imaging of epidermal growth factor receptor kinase activity. Anal Biochem. 2011 Oct 1;417(1):57-64.
- Contessa JN, Bhojani MS, Freeze HH, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A, Lawrence TS. Molecular imaging of N-linked glycosylation suggests glycan biosynthesis is a novel target for cancer therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2010 Jun 15;16(12):3205-14.
- Contessa JN, Bhojani MS, Freeze HH, Rehemtulla A, Lawrence TS. Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation disrupts receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2008 May 15;68(10):3803-9.