Vishwa Deep Dixit
Professor of Comparative Medicine and of Immunobiology
Departments & Organizations
Immune-Metabolic Interactions; Aging and age-related inflammation; Obesity-associated inflammation and metabolic syndrome; Adipose tissue leukocytosis; Inflammasomes; Thymic involution and approaches for thymic rejuvenation; Neuroendocrine control of immune system more...
- D.V.M., Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 1994
- MAST OTHER, Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 1999
- Ph.D., Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 2000
- Ph.D., Research completed in University of Hannover, Germany, 2000
- Youm YH, Nguyen KY, Grant RW, Goldberg EL, Bodogai M, Kim D, D'Agostino D, Planavsky N, Lupfer C, Kanneganti TD, Kang S, Horvath TL, Fahmy TM, Crawford PA, Biragyn A, Alnemri E, Dixit VD. (2015) The ketone metabolite ß-hydroxybutyrate blocks NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated inflammatory disease. Nat. Med. [Epub ahead of print]
- Grant R, Nguyen KY, Ravussin A, Albarado D, Youm YH, Dixit VD. (2014) Inactivation of C/ebp homologous protein-driven immune-metabolic interactions exacerbate obesity and adipose tissue leukocytosis. J Biol Chem. May 16;289(20):14045-55.
- Youm YH, Grant RW, McCabe LR, Albarado DC, Nguyen KC, Ravussin A, Pistell P, Newman S, Carter R, Laque A, Munzberg H, Rosen CJ, Ingram DK, Salbaum JM and Dixit VD. (2013) Canonical Nlrp3 inflammasome links systemic low grade inflammation to functional decline in aging. Cell Metab. 18: 519-532.