Cell Fusion; Education, Medical; Extracellular Matrix; Foreign Bodies; Inflammation; Pathology; Wound Healing; Animal Experimentation; Nanomedicine; Translational Medical Research
The main area of my research is the elucidation of the molecular events that dictate the course of healing and especially inflammation and angiogenesis following ischemia, injury and the implantation of biomaterials and scaffolds for tissue engineering applications. In collaboration with VBT colleagues we are exploring the inter-relationship between TSP2 and the Akt/eNOS signaling axis in arteriogenesis. In addition, through the process of molecular dissection of cell-matrix interactions, we aim to incorporate rational design in the development of bioengineering applications such as tissue-engineered vascular grafts. Finally, we aim to define the role of substrate nanotopography in matrix assembly and the regulation of cell-matrix interactions. Recently, we have explored the role of TSP2 in matrix assembly and have shown that the lossof TSP2 results in reduced interation with von Willebrand factor, which provides an explanation for the bleeding diathesis in TSP2 KO mice. We have also initiated studies to investigate the role of TSP2 in diabetic wound healing. In our biomedical engineering-related research we have discovered that mir-223 regulates macrophage fusion in foreign body giant cell formation and have developed a nanoparticle-based strategy to ameliorate this process on the surface of biomaterials. Finally, we have expanded our biomaterial studies to include bulk metallic glass-based implants and have explored the impact of nanotopography on cell function.
Specialized Terms: Angiogenesis; Extracellular matrix remodeling; Inflammation; Cell fusion; Wound healing; Foreign body response; Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials; Nanomaterials; Bulk Metallic Glass
Extensive Research Description
Our specialized research interests include cellular and molecular events; the interface between implanted biomaterials and tissues; biomaterial-induced inflammation, wound healing, tissue engineering with a focus on angiogenesis, and extracellular matrix remodeling; in vivo work on genetically-modified mice; gene delivery from biomaterials; development of bioactive and biodegradable polymers; modification of glucose sensors; development of artificial skin.
Inflammasome components Asc and caspase-1 mediate biomaterial-induced inflammation and foreign body response.
Malik AF, Hoque R, Ouyang X, Ghani A, Hong E, Khan K, Moore LB, Ng G, Munro F, Flavell RA, Shi Y, Kyriakides TR, Mehal WZ. Inflammasome components Asc and caspase-1 mediate biomaterial-induced inflammation and foreign body response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 108(50):20095-100.
Endothelial nitric oxide synthase controls the expression of the angiogenesis inhibitor thrombospondin 2.
MacLauchlan S, Yu J, Parrish M, Asoulin TA, Schleicher M, Krady MM, Zeng J, Huang PL, Sessa WC, Kyriakides TR. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase controls the expression of the angiogenesis inhibitor thrombospondin 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 108(46):E1137-45.
The role of thrombospondins in wound healing, ischemia, and the foreign body reaction.
Kyriakides T.R., MacLauchlan S. (2009) The role of thrombospondins in wound healing, ischemia, and the foreign body reaction. J. Cell Comm. Signal. 3: 215-25.
CXCR3-dependent accumulation and activation of perivascular macrophages is necessary for homeostatic arterial remodeling to hemodynamic stresses.
Zhou J, Tang PC, Gayed PM, Li W, Skokos EA, Kyriakides TR, Pober JS, Tellides G. CXCR3-dependent accumulation and activation of perivascular macrophages is necessary for homeostatic arterial remodeling to hemodynamic stresses. J. Exp. Med. 207:1951-66, 2010.
Kyriakides Matrix metalloproteinase-9 deficiency leads to prolonged foreign body response in the brain associated with increased IL1-ß levels and leakage of the blood brain barrier.
W. Tian, T.R. Kyriakides Matrix metalloproteinase-9 deficiency leads to prolonged foreign body response in the brain associated with increased IL1-ß levels and leakage of the blood brain barrier. Matrix Biology 28: 148-59, 2009.
- MacLauchlan S., Skokos E., Meznarich N., Zhu D., Raoof S., Shipley J.M., Senior R.M., Bornstein P., Kyriakides T.R.. Abnormal foreign body response in mice that lack matrix metalloproteinase-9 associated with disordered matrix remodeling, compromised angiogenesis, and foreign body giant cell formation. J. Leukocyte Biology 85:617-26. 2009.
Thrombospondin-2 modulates extracellular matrix remodeling during physiologic angiogenesis.
Krady M.M., Zeng J., Yu J., MacLauchlan S, Skokos E.A., Bornstein P., Sessa W.C., Kyriakides T.R. Thrombospondin-2 modulates extracellular matrix remodeling during physiologic angiogenesis. American Journal of Pathology 173:879-91. 2008
Foreign Body Giant Cell Formation Is Preceded by Lamellipodia Formation and Can Be Attenuated by Inhibition of Rac1 Activation.
Jay, S.M., Skokos, E., Laiwalla, F., Krady, M.M., Kyriakides, T.R. Foreign Body Giant Cell Formation Is Preceded by Lamellipodia Formation and Can Be Attenuated by Inhibition of Rac1 Activation. American Journal of Pathology, 171: 2, 2007.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Morris AH, Stamer DK, Kyriakides TR: The host response to naturally-derived extracellular matrix biomaterials. Semin Immunol. 2017 Mar 5; 2017 Mar 5. PMID: 28274693
- Kristofik N, Calabro NE, Tian W, Meng A, MacLauchlan S, Wang Y, Breuer CK, Tellides G, Niklason LE, Kyriakides TR: Impaired von Willebrand factor adhesion and platelet response in thrombospondin-2 knockout mice. Blood. 2016 Sep 22; 2016 Jul 28. PMID: 27471233
- Padmanabhan J, Augelli MJ, Cheung B, Kinser ER, Cleary B, Kumar P, Wang R, Sawyer AJ, Li R, Schwarz UD, Schroers J, Kyriakides TR: Regulation of cell-cell fusion by nanotopography. Sci Rep. 2016 Sep 12; 2016 Sep 12. PMID: 27615159
- Dimitrievska S, Gui L, Weyers A, Lin T, Cai C, Wu W, Tuggle CT, Sundaram S, Balestrini JL, Slattery D, Tchouta L, Kyriakides TR, Tarbell JM, Linhardt RJ, Niklason LE: New Functional Tools for Antithrombogenic Activity Assessment of Live Surface Glycocalyx. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016 Sep; 2016 Jul 7. PMID: 27386939
- Morris AH, Chang J, Kyriakides TR: Inadequate Processing of Decellularized Dermal Matrix Reduces Cell Viability In Vitro and Increases Apoptosis and Acute Inflammation In Vivo. Biores Open Access. 2016 Jul 1; 2016 Jul 1. PMID: 27500014
- Liu Y, Padmanabhan J, Cheung B, Liu J, Chen Z, Scanley BE, Wesolowski D, Pressley M, Broadbridge CC, Altman S, Schwarz UD, Kyriakides TR, Schroers J: Combinatorial development of antibacterial Zr-Cu-Al-Ag thin film metallic glasses. Sci Rep. 2016 May 27; 2016 May 27. PMID: 27230692
- Moore LB, Sawyer AJ, Saucier-Sawyer J, Saltzman WM, Kyriakides TR: Nanoparticle delivery of miR-223 to attenuate macrophage fusion. Biomaterials. 2016 May; 2016 Feb 26. PMID: 26967647
- Sawyer AJ, Kyriakides TR: Matricellular proteins in drug delivery: Therapeutic targets, active agents, and therapeutic localization. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016 Feb 1; 2016 Jan 4. PMID: 26763408
- Papanna R, Mann LK, Tseng SC, Stewart RJ, Kaur SS, Swindle MM, Kyriakides TR, Tatevian N, Moise KJ Jr: Cryopreserved human amniotic membrane and a bioinspired underwater adhesive to seal and promote healing of iatrogenic fetal membrane defect sites. Placenta. 2015 Aug; 2015 May 30. PMID: 26059341
- Padmanabhan J, Kyriakides TR: Nanomaterials, inflammation, and tissue engineering. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol. 2015 May-Jun; 2014 Nov 25. PMID: 25421333
- Dimitrievska S, Cai C, Weyers A, Balestrini JL, Lin T, Sundaram S, Hatachi G, Spiegel DA, Kyriakides TR, Miao J, Li G, Niklason LE, Linhardt RJ: Click-coated, heparinized, decellularized vascular grafts. Acta Biomater. 2015 Feb; 2014 Nov 20. PMID: 25463496
- Swartzlander MD, Blakney AK, Amer LD, Hankenson KD, Kyriakides TR, Bryant SJ: Immunomodulation by mesenchymal stem cells combats the foreign body response to cell-laden synthetic hydrogels. Biomaterials. 2015 Feb; 2014 Dec 5. PMID: 25522967
- Swartzlander MD, Barnes CA, Blakney AK, Kaar JL, Kyriakides TR, Bryant SJ: Linking the foreign body response and protein adsorption to PEG-based hydrogels using proteomics. Biomaterials. 2015 Feb; 2014 Dec 2. PMID: 25522962
- Bancroft T, Bouaouina M, Roberts S, Lee M, Calderwood DA, Schwartz M, Simons M, Sessa WC, Kyriakides TR: Up-regulation of thrombospondin-2 in Akt1-null mice contributes to compromised tissue repair due to abnormalities in fibroblast function. J Biol Chem. 2015 Jan 2; 2014 Nov 11. PMID: 25389299
- Moore LB, Sawyer AJ, Charokopos A, Skokos EA, Kyriakides TR: Loss of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 alters macrophage polarization and reduces NFκB activation in the foreign body response. Acta Biomater. 2015 Jan; 2014 Sep 19. PMID: 25242651
- Moore LB, Kyriakides TR: Molecular Characterization of Macrophage-Biomaterial Interactions. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015. PMID: 26306446
- D'Alessio A, Moccia F, Li JH, Micera A, Kyriakides TR: Angiogenesis and Vasculogenesis in Health and Disease. Biomed Res Int. 2015; 2015 Jun 10. PMID: 26171386
- Lee MY, Luciano AK, Ackah E, Rodriguez-Vita J, Bancroft TA, Eichmann A, Simons M, Kyriakides TR, Morales-Ruiz M, Sessa WC: Endothelial Akt1 mediates angiogenesis by phosphorylating multiple angiogenic substrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Sep 2; 2014 Aug 18. PMID: 25136137
- Calabro NE, Kristofik NJ, Kyriakides TR: Thrombospondin-2 and extracellular matrix assembly. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014 Aug; 2014 Jan 15. PMID: 24440155
- Sawyer AJ, Tian W, Saucier-Sawyer JK, Rizk PJ, Saltzman WM, Bellamkonda RV, Kyriakides TR: The effect of inflammatory cell-derived MCP-1 loss on neuronal survival during chronic neuroinflammation. Biomaterials. 2014 Aug; 2014 May 29. PMID: 24881026
- Morris AH, Kyriakides TR: Matricellular proteins and biomaterials. Matrix Biol. 2014 Jul; 2014 Mar 20. PMID: 24657843
- Padmanabhan J, Kinser ER, Stalter MA, Duncan-Lewis C, Balestrini JL, Sawyer AJ, Schroers J, Kyriakides TR: Engineering cellular response using nanopatterned bulk metallic glass. ACS Nano. 2014 May 27; 2014 Apr 17. PMID: 24724817
- Sawyer AJ, Wesolowski D, Gandotra N, Stojadinovic A, Izadjoo M, Altman S, Kyriakides TR: A peptide-morpholino oligomer conjugate targeting Staphylococcus aureus gyrA mRNA improves healing in an infected mouse cutaneous wound model. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 10; 2013 May 29. PMID: 23727592
- Kobsa S, Kristofik NJ, Sawyer AJ, Bothwell AL, Kyriakides TR, Saltzman WM: An electrospun scaffold integrating nucleic acid delivery for treatment of full-thickness wounds. Biomaterials. 2013 May; 2013 Feb 27. PMID: 23453058
- Sawyer AJ, Kyriakides TR: Nanoparticle-based evaluation of blood-brain barrier leakage during the foreign body response. J Neural Eng. 2013 Feb; 2013 Jan 21. PMID: 23337399
- Swartzlander MD, Lynn AD, Blakney AK, Kyriakides TR, Bryant SJ: Understanding the host response to cell-laden poly(ethylene glycol)-based hydrogels. Biomaterials. 2013 Jan; 2012 Nov 10. PMID: 23149012
- Malik AF, Hoque R, Ouyang X, Ghani A, Hong E, Khan K, Moore LB, Ng G, Munro F, Flavell RA, Shi Y, Kyriakides TR, Mehal WZ: Inflammasome components Asc and caspase-1 mediate biomaterial-induced inflammation and foreign body response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Dec 13; 2011 Nov 22. PMID: 22109549
- MacLauchlan S, Yu J, Parrish M, Asoulin TA, Schleicher M, Krady MM, Zeng J, Huang PL, Sessa WC, Kyriakides TR: Endothelial nitric oxide synthase controls the expression of the angiogenesis inhibitor thrombospondin 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Nov 15; 2011 Sep 26. PMID: 21949402
- Liu J, Jiang Z, Zhang S, Liu C, Gross RA, Kyriakides TR, Saltzman WM: Biodegradation, biocompatibility, and drug delivery in poly(ω-pentadecalactone-co-p-dioxanone) copolyesters. Biomaterials. 2011 Sep. PMID: 21641030
- Tian W, Sawyer A, Kocaoglu FB, Kyriakides TR: Astrocyte-derived thrombospondin-2 is critical for the repair of the blood-brain barrier. Am J Pathol. 2011 Aug; 2011 Jun 23. PMID: 21704005
- Skokos EA, Charokopos A, Khan K, Wanjala J, Kyriakides TR: Lack of TNF-α-induced MMP-9 production and abnormal E-cadherin redistribution associated with compromised fusion in MCP-1-null macrophages. Am J Pathol. 2011 May. PMID: 21514443
- Lynn AD, Blakney AK, Kyriakides TR, Bryant SJ: Temporal progression of the host response to implanted poly(ethylene glycol)-based hydrogels. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2011 Mar 15; 2011 Jan 25. PMID: 21268236
- Zhou J, Tang PC, Qin L, Gayed PM, Li W, Skokos EA, Kyriakides TR, Pober JS, Tellides G: CXCR3-dependent accumulation and activation of perivascular macrophages is necessary for homeostatic arterial remodeling to hemodynamic stresses. J Exp Med. 2010 Aug 30; 2010 Aug 23. PMID: 20733031
- Lynn AD, Kyriakides TR, Bryant SJ: Characterization of the in vitro macrophage response and in vivo host response to poly(ethylene glycol)-based hydrogels. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010 Jun 1. PMID: 19708075
- Jay SM, Shepherd BR, Andrejecsk JW, Kyriakides TR, Pober JS, Saltzman WM: Dual delivery of VEGF and MCP-1 to support endothelial cell transplantation for therapeutic vascularization. Biomaterials. 2010 Apr; 2010 Jan 27. PMID: 20110124
- Jay SM, Skokos EA, Zeng J, Knox K, Kyriakides TR: Macrophage fusion leading to foreign body giant cell formation persists under phagocytic stimulation by microspheres in vitro and in vivo in mouse models. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010 Apr. PMID: 19536825
- Roh JD, Sawh-Martinez R, Brennan MP, Jay SM, Devine L, Rao DA, Yi T, Mirensky TL, Nalbandian A, Udelsman B, Hibino N, Shinoka T, Saltzman WM, Snyder E, Kyriakides TR, Pober JS, Breuer CK: Tissue-engineered vascular grafts transform into mature blood vessels via an inflammation-mediated process of vascular remodeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Mar 9; 2010 Mar 5. PMID: 20207947
- Kyriakides TR, Maclauchlan S: The role of thrombospondins in wound healing, ischemia, and the foreign body reaction. J Cell Commun Signal. 2009 Dec; 2009 Oct 21. PMID: 19844806
- Yu J, Fernández-Hernando C, Suarez Y, Schleicher M, Hao Z, Wright PL, DiLorenzo A, Kyriakides TR, Sessa WC: Reticulon 4B (Nogo-B) is necessary for macrophage infiltration and tissue repair. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Oct 13; 2009 Sep 25. PMID: 19805174
- Lin SP, Kyriakides TR, Chen JJ: On-line observation of cell growth in a three-dimensional matrix on surface-modified microelectrode arrays. Biomaterials. 2009 Jun; 2009 Apr 3. PMID: 19344948
- Maclauchlan S, Skokos EA, Agah A, Zeng J, Tian W, Davidson JM, Bornstein P, Kyriakides TR: Enhanced angiogenesis and reduced contraction in thrombospondin-2-null wounds is associated with increased levels of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -9, and soluble VEGF. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009 Apr; 2008 Nov 24. PMID: 19029404
- MacLauchlan S, Skokos EA, Meznarich N, Zhu DH, Raoof S, Shipley JM, Senior RM, Bornstein P, Kyriakides TR: Macrophage fusion, giant cell formation, and the foreign body response require matrix metalloproteinase 9. J Leukoc Biol. 2009 Apr; 2009 Jan 13. PMID: 19141565
- Tian W, Kyriakides TR: Matrix metalloproteinase-9 deficiency leads to prolonged foreign body response in the brain associated with increased IL-1beta levels and leakage of the blood-brain barrier. Matrix Biol. 2009 Apr; 2009 Mar 3. PMID: 19264129
- Kyriakides TR, Wulsin D, Skokos EA, Fleckman P, Pirrone A, Shipley JM, Senior RM, Bornstein P: Mice that lack matrix metalloproteinase-9 display delayed wound healing associated with delayed reepithelization and disordered collagen fibrillogenesis. Matrix Biol. 2009 Mar; 2009 Jan 20. PMID: 19379668
- Tian W, Kyriakides TR: Thrombospondin 2-null mice display an altered brain foreign body response to polyvinyl alcohol sponge implants. Biomed Mater. 2009 Feb; 2008 Nov 20. PMID: 19020342
- Helming L, Tomasello E, Kyriakides TR, Martinez FO, Takai T, Gordon S, Vivier E: Essential role of DAP12 signaling in macrophage programming into a fusion-competent state. Sci Signal. 2008 Oct 28; 2008 Oct 28. PMID: 18957693
- Krady MM, Zeng J, Yu J, MacLauchlan S, Skokos EA, Tian W, Bornstein P, Sessa WC, Kyriakides TR: Thrombospondin-2 modulates extracellular matrix remodeling during physiological angiogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2008 Sep; 2008 Aug 7. PMID: 18688033
- Cahn F, Kyriakides TR: Generation of an artificial skin construct containing a non-degradable fiber mesh: a potential transcutaneous interface. Biomed Mater. 2008 Sep; 2008 Aug 8. PMID: 18689926
- Sullivan JC, Kakati DD, Carter E, Boyd AK, Kyriakides TR, Agah A: Elevated expression of isopeptide bond cross-links contributes to fibrosis in scleroderma and the healing wounds of tight skin mice. Wound Repair Regen. 2008 Sep-Oct. PMID: 19128265
- Roh JD, Nelson GN, Brennan MP, Mirensky TL, Yi T, Hazlett TF, Tellides G, Sinusas AJ, Pober JS, Saltzman WM, Kyriakides TR, Breuer CK: Small-diameter biodegradable scaffolds for functional vascular tissue engineering in the mouse model. Biomaterials. 2008 Apr; 2007 Dec 27. PMID: 18164056
- Jay SM, Skokos E, Laiwalla F, Krady MM, Kyriakides TR: Foreign body giant cell formation is preceded by lamellipodia formation and can be attenuated by inhibition of Rac1 activation. Am J Pathol. 2007 Aug; 2007 Jun 7. PMID: 17556592
- Bryers JD, Jarvis RA, Lebo J, Prudencio A, Kyriakides TR, Uhrich K: Biodegradation of poly(anhydride-esters) into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and their effect on Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms in vitro and on the foreign-body response in vivo. Biomaterials. 2006 Oct; 2006 Jun 14. PMID: 16777217
- Agah A, Kyriakides TR, Bornstein P: Proteolysis of cell-surface tissue transglutaminase by matrix metalloproteinase-2 contributes to the adhesive defect and matrix abnormalities in thrombospondin-2-null fibroblasts and mice. Am J Pathol. 2005 Jul. PMID: 15972954
- Kyriakides TR, Foster MJ, Keeney GE, Tsai A, Giachelli CM, Clark-Lewis I, Rollins BJ, Bornstein P: The CC chemokine ligand, CCL2/MCP1, participates in macrophage fusion and foreign body giant cell formation. Am J Pathol. 2004 Dec. PMID: 15579457
- Bornstein P, Agah A, Kyriakides TR: The role of thrombospondins 1 and 2 in the regulation of cell-matrix interactions, collagen fibril formation, and the response to injury. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004 Jun. PMID: 15094126
- Agah A, Kyriakides TR, Letrondo N, Björkblom B, Bornstein P: Thrombospondin 2 levels are increased in aged mice: consequences for cutaneous wound healing and angiogenesis. Matrix Biol. 2004 Jan. PMID: 14996433
- Kyriakides TR, Bornstein P: Matricellular proteins as modulators of wound healing and the foreign body response. Thromb Haemost. 2003 Dec. PMID: 14652628
- Kyriakides TR, Rojnuckarin P, Reidy MA, Hankenson KD, Papayannopoulou T, Kaushansky K, Bornstein P: Megakaryocytes require thrombospondin-2 for normal platelet formation and function. Blood. 2003 May 15. PMID: 12732502
- Puolakkainen P, Bradshaw AD, Kyriakides TR, Reed M, Brekken R, Wight T, Bornstein P, Ratner B, Sage EH: Compromised production of extracellular matrix in mice lacking secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) leads to a reduced foreign body reaction to implanted biomaterials. Am J Pathol. 2003 Feb. PMID: 12547720
- Agah A, Kyriakides TR, Lawler J, Bornstein P: The lack of thrombospondin-1 (TSP1) dictates the course of wound healing in double-TSP1/TSP2-null mice. Am J Pathol. 2002 Sep. PMID: 12213711
- Kyriakides TR, Cheung CY, Murthy N, Bornstein P, Stayton PS, Hoffman AS: pH-sensitive polymers that enhance intracellular drug delivery in vivo. J Control Release. 2002 Jan 17. PMID: 11772470
- Lange-Asschenfeldt B, Weninger W, Velasco P, Kyriakides TR, von Andrian UH, Bornstein P, Detmar M: Increased and prolonged inflammation and angiogenesis in delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions elicited in the skin of thrombospondin-2--deficient mice. Blood. 2002 Jan 15. PMID: 11781236
- Kyriakides TR, Zhu YH, Yang Z, Huynh G, Bornstein P: Altered extracellular matrix remodeling and angiogenesis in sponge granulomas of thrombospondin 2-null mice. Am J Pathol. 2001 Oct. PMID: 11583953
- Malek NP, Sundberg H, McGrew S, Nakayama K, Kyriakides TR, Roberts JM: A mouse knock-in model exposes sequential proteolytic pathways that regulate p27Kip1 in G1 and S phase. Nature. 2001 Sep 20. PMID: 11565035
- Hawighorst T, Velasco P, Streit M, Hong YK, Kyriakides TR, Brown LF, Bornstein P, Detmar M: Thrombospondin-2 plays a protective role in multistep carcinogenesis: a novel host anti-tumor defense mechanism. EMBO J. 2001 Jun 1. PMID: 11387198
- Kyriakides TR, Hartzel T, Huynh G, Bornstein P: Regulation of angiogenesis and matrix remodeling by localized, matrix-mediated antisense gene delivery. Mol Ther. 2001 Jun. PMID: 11407897
- Bornstein P, Kyriakides TR, Yang Z, Armstrong LC, Birk DE: Thrombospondin 2 modulates collagen fibrillogenesis and angiogenesis. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2000 Dec. PMID: 11147677
- Bornstein P, Armstrong LC, Hankenson KD, Kyriakides TR, Yang Z: Thrombospondin 2, a matricellular protein with diverse functions. Matrix Biol. 2000 Dec. PMID: 11102746
- Yang Z, Kyriakides TR, Bornstein P: Matricellular proteins as modulators of cell-matrix interactions: adhesive defect in thrombospondin 2-null fibroblasts is a consequence of increased levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2. Mol Biol Cell. 2000 Oct. PMID: 11029041
- Hankenson KD, Bain SD, Kyriakides TR, Smith EA, Goldstein SA, Bornstein P: Increased marrow-derived osteoprogenitor cells and endosteal bone formation in mice lacking thrombospondin 2. J Bone Miner Res. 2000 May. PMID: 10804014
- Kyriakides TR, Tam JW, Bornstein P: Accelerated wound healing in mice with a disruption of the thrombospondin 2 gene. J Invest Dermatol. 1999 Nov. PMID: 10571734
- Kyriakides TR, Leach KJ, Hoffman AS, Ratner BD, Bornstein P: Mice that lack the angiogenesis inhibitor, thrombospondin 2, mount an altered foreign body reaction characterized by increased vascularity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999 Apr 13. PMID: 10200282
- Kyriakides TR, Zhu YH, Yang Z, Bornstein P: The distribution of the matricellular protein thrombospondin 2 in tissues of embryonic and adult mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 1998 Sep. PMID: 9705966
- Kyriakides TR, Zhu YH, Smith LT, Bain SD, Yang Z, Lin MT, Danielson KG, Iozzo RV, LaMarca M, McKinney CE, Ginns EI, Bornstein P: Mice that lack thrombospondin 2 display connective tissue abnormalities that are associated with disordered collagen fibrillogenesis, an increased vascular density, and a bleeding diathesis. J Cell Biol. 1998 Jan 26. PMID: 9442117
- Kyriakides TR, McKillip JL, Spence KD: Biochemical characterization, developmental expression, and induction of the immune protein scolexin from Manduca sexta. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 1995. PMID: 7544652
- Kyriakides TR, Bedoyan JK, Patil CS, Spence KD: In vivo distribution of immune protein scolexin in bacteria-injected Manduca sexta larvae. Tissue Cell. 1993 Jun. PMID: 18621241