Richard P Lifton MD, PhD
Sterling Professor of Genetics and Professor of Medicine (Nephrology); Chair, Department of Genetics; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development: Genetics and Genomics | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Office of Student ResearchNHLBI Proteomics | High Performance ComputationCancer Genetics & GenomicsKavli Institute for NeuroscienceInternal Medicine: Fellowship Training; Nephrology; Diabetes Research Center | Genetics
Molecular genetics of common human diseases more...
- M.D., Stanford University, 1982
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1986
- Mani, A., et al. (2007). LRP6 mutation in a family with early coronary disease and metabolic risk factors. Science 315:1278-82.
- Ring, A.M., et al. (2007). An SGK1 site in WNK4 regulates Na+ channel and K+ channel activity and has implications for aldosterone signaling and K+ homeostasis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA) 104:4025-9.
- Lalioti MD, Zhang J, Volkman HM, Kahle KT, Hoffmann, KE, Toka HR, Nelson-Williams C, Ellison, DH, Flavell, R, Booth, CJ, Lu Y, Geller, DS, Lifton, RP. Wnk4 controls blood pressure and potassium homeostasis via regulation of mass and activity of the distal convoluted tubule. Nature Genetics, in press.