Michael J Higley MD,PhD
Assistant Professor of Neurobiology; Primary Member, Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair (CNNR); Member, Kavli Institute fir Neuroscience
Departments & Organizations
Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Neurobiology: Kavli Institute for Neuroscience
Synaptic integration; GABAergic interneurons; Inhibition; 2-photon; Electrophysiology more...
- B.A., Cornell University, 1998
- M.D./Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Chiu CQ, Lur G, Morse TM, Carnevale NT, Ellis-Davies G, and Higley MJ. Compartmentalization of GABAergic inhibition by dendritic spines. Science, in press.
- Higley MJ and Sabatini BL. Competitive regulation of synaptic Ca2+ influx by D2 dopamine and A2A adenosine receptors. Nature Neuroscience 13:958-66, 2010.
- Higley MJ*, Soler-Llavina G*, and Sabatini BL. Cholinergic modulation of multivesicular release regulates striatal synaptic potency and integration. Nature Neuroscience,12:1121-28, 2009.