Lawrence Howard Young MD
Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology; Vice-Chairman, Department of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Internal Medicine: Cardiovascular Medicine: Yale Cardiovascular Research Center | Fellowship Training | Diabetes Research Center
Myocardial ischemia; Metabolic adaptation to hypoxic stress; Cardio-protection; Cardiomyopathy; LKB1-AMPK pathway; Diabetes more...
- AB, Brown University, 1976
- M.D., Yale University, 1980
- Qi D, Atsina K, Hu X, Wu X, Xu B, Piecychna M, Leng L, Fingerle-Rowson G, Zhang J, Bucala R, Young LH. The vestigial enzyme D-dopachrome tautomerase protects the heart against ischemic injury. J Clin Invest 2014; 124;3540-50.
- Li J, Qi D, Cheng H, Miller EJ, Wu X, Russell, KS, Mikush N, Zhang J, Xiao L, Sherwin RS, Young LH. Urocortin 2 autocrine/paracrine and pharmacologic effects to activate AMP-activated protein kinase in the heart. PNAS 2013; 110:16133-8.
- Zaha VG, Young LH. AMP-activated protein kinase regulation and biological actions in the heart. Circ Res. 2012; 111:800-814.