Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Biochemistry, Quantitative Biology, Biophysics and Structural Biology (BQBS): Cell Cycle and Signal Transduction; DNA Dynamics and Transcriptional Regulation; Protein Folding, Dynamics and Degradation | Plant Molecular Biology
Our lab studies how plants integrate environmental information from the sun and control daily biological processes. These studies help to optimize plant growth to ensure stable food supplies for the world.
Extensive Research Description
We are using mass spectrometry and genetics in the model plant Arabidopsis to understand how the circadian clock controls the rhythmic degradation of target proteins. The completion of our goals will help us to move the circadian field vertically from our solid foundation in transcriptional studies to understanding how post-translational regulation drives circadian rhythms.
- He JX, Gendron JM, Yang Y, Li J, Wang ZY. (2002) The GSK3-like kinase BIN2 phosphorylates and destabilizes BZR1, a positive regulator of the brassinosteroid signaling pathway in Arabidopsis. PNAS. 99(15):10185-90. PMCID:PMC126645
- He JX*, Gendron JM*, Sun Y, Gampala SS, Gendron N, Sun CQ, Wang ZY. (2005) BZR1 is a transcriptional repressor with dual roles in brassinosteroid homeostasis and growth responses. Science. 307(5715):1634-8. PMCID:PMC2925132 (*these authors contributed equally)
- Gendron JM, Haque A, Gendron N, Chang T, Wang ZY. (2007) Chemical genetic dissection of brassinosteroid ethylene interaction. Molecular Plant. 1(2):368-79. PMCID:PMC2975526
- Hazen SP, Naef F, Quisel T, Gendron JM, Chen H, Ecker JR, Borevitz JO, Kay SA. (2009) Exploring the transcriptional landscape of plant circadian rhythms using genome tiling arrays. Genome Biology. 10(2):R17. PMCID:PMC2688271
- Gendron JM, Pruneda-Paz JL, Doherty CJ, Gross AM, Kang SE, Kay SA. (2012) Arabidopsis clock protein, TOC1, is a DNA-binding transcription factor. PNAS. 109(8):3167-72. PMCID:PMC3286946
- Gendron JM*, Liu J-S*, Fan M, Bai M-Y, Wenkel S, Springer PS, Barton MK, Wang ZY. (2012). Brassinosteroids regulate organ boundary formation in the shoot apical meristem of Arabidopsis. PNAS. 109(51):21152-7. PMCID:PMC24040331
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Lee CM, Adamchek C, Feke A, Nusinow DA, Gendron JM: Mapping Protein-Protein Interactions Using Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry. Methods Mol Biol. 2017. PMID: 28439867