Joan A Steitz PhD
Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology: RNA Catalysis and Ribonucleoprotein Machines
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Transcriptional Regulation of Stem and Progenitor Cells
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: RNA Biology
Autoantibodies; Gene Expression; RNA; RNA Processing; SnRNPs; Viral Transformation more...
- B.S., Antioch College, 1963
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1967
- Riley, K.J., Yario, T., and Steitz, J.A. (2012). Association of Argonaute proteins and microRNAs can occur after cell lysis. RNA 18, 1581-1585. PMCID: PMC3425773
- Tycowski, K.T., Shu, M.-D., Borah, S., Shi, M., and Steitz, J.A. (2012). Conservation of a triple-helix-forming RNA stability element in noncoding and genomic RNAs of diverse viruses. Cell Reports 2, 26-32. PMCID: PMC3430378
- Cazalla, D., Xie, M., and Steitz, J.A. (2011). A primate Herpesvirus uses the Integrator complex to generate viral microRNAs. Molec. Cell. 43, 982-992.