Ronald Coifman's research interests include: Nonlinear Harmonic Analysis of high dimensional digital data. He is currently developing analysis tools for organization and information extraction in both biological and physical data sets including; hyperspectral imaging of biopsies, patient hematology profiles, psychological questionnaires, EEG etc.
Extensive Research Description
Professor Coifman is currently developing analysis tools for spectrometric diagnostics and hyperspectral imaging.
- Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis "Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis," 10,#1, with F. Geshwind, Y. Meyer, Noiselets, Jan 2001, pp. 27-44.
- On zerotree quantization for embedded wavelet packet image coding "On zerotree quantization for embedded wavelet packet image coding," with N. Rajpoot, F. Meyer, R. Wilson, Proceedings of the 1999 International Conference on Image Processing, Piscataway, NJ, 2:283-7.
- Adaptive solution of multidimensional PDE via tensor product wavelet decomposition "Adaptive solution of multidimensional PDE via tensor product wavelet decomposition," with A. Averbuch, G. Beylkin, P. Fisher, M. Israeli, To be published in ACHA, 2000.
- The pseudopolar FFT and its applications "The pseudopolar FFT and its applications," with A. Averbuch, R. Coifman, D. Donoho, M. Israeli, J. Walden, Research Report YALEU/DCS/RR-1178, 1999.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Yair O, Talmon R, Coifman RR, Kevrekidis IG: Reconstruction of normal forms by learning informed observation geometries from data. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Sep 19; 2017 Aug 22. PMID: 28831006
- Chiavazzo E, Covino R, Coifman RR, Gear CW, Georgiou AS, Hummer G, Kevrekidis IG: Intrinsic map dynamics exploration for uncharted effective free-energy landscapes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Jul 11; 2017 Jun 20. PMID: 28634293
- Dhruva SS, Huang C, Spatz ES, Coppi AC, Warner F, Li SX, Lin H, Xu X, Furberg CD, Davis BR, Pressel SL, Coifman RR, Krumholz HM: Heterogeneity in Early Responses in ALLHAT (Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial). Hypertension. 2017 Jul; 2017 May 30. PMID: 28559399
- Downing NS, Cloninger A, Venkatesh AK, Hsieh A, Drye EE, Coifman RR, Krumholz HM: Describing the performance of U.S. hospitals by applying big data analytics. PLoS One. 2017; 2017 Jun 29. PMID: 28662045
- Duncan D, Duckrow RB, Pincus SM, Goncharova I, Hirsch LJ, Spencer DD, Coifman RR, Zaveri HP: Reply to about the electrophysiological basis of resting state networks. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014 Aug; 2013 Dec 22. PMID: 24440225
- Fernández Á, Rabin N, Coifman RR, Eckstein J: Diffusion methods for aligning medical datasets: location prediction in CT scan images. Med Image Anal. 2014 Feb; 2014 Jan 8. PMID: 24444669
- Duncan D, Duckrow RB, Pincus SM, Goncharova I, Hirsch LJ, Spencer DD, Coifman RR, Zaveri HP: Intracranial EEG evaluation of relationship within a resting state network. Clin Neurophysiol. 2013 Oct; 2013 Jun 19. PMID: 23790525
- Talmon R, Coifman RR: Empirical intrinsic geometry for nonlinear modeling and time series filtering. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jul 30; 2013 Jul 11. PMID: 23847205
- Duncan D, Talmon R, Zaveri HP, Coifman RR: Identifying preseizure state in intracranial EEG data using diffusion kernels. Math Biosci Eng. 2013 Jun. PMID: 23906137
- David G, Bernstein LH, Coifman RR: The automated malnutrition assessment. Nutrition. 2013 Jan; 2012 Oct 30. PMID: 23116774
- Coifman RR, Shkolnisky Y, Sigworth FJ, Singer A: Reference Free Structure Determination through Eigenvectors of Center of Mass Operators. Appl Comput Harmon Anal. 2010 May. PMID: 20436952
- Cao Y, Semanchik N, Lee SH, Somlo S, Barbano PE, Coifman R, Sun Z: Chemical modifier screen identifies HDAC inhibitors as suppressors of PKD models. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Dec 22; 2009 Dec 4. PMID: 19966229
- Coifman RR, Shkolnisky Y, Sigworth FJ, Singer A: Graph Laplacian tomography from unknown random projections. IEEE Trans Image Process. 2008 Oct. PMID: 18784036
- Coifman RR, Maggioni M, Zucker SW, Kevrekidis IG: Geometric diffusions for the analysis of data from sensor networks. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2005 Oct. PMID: 16150587
- Coifman RR, Lafon S, Lee AB, Maggioni M, Nadler B, Warner F, Zucker SW: Geometric diffusions as a tool for harmonic analysis and structure definition of data: diffusion maps. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005 May 24; 2005 May 17. PMID: 15899970
- Coifman RR, Lafon S, Lee AB, Maggioni M, Nadler B, Warner F, Zucker SW: Geometric diffusions as a tool for harmonic analysis and structure definition of data: multiscale methods. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005 May 24; 2005 May 17. PMID: 15899969
- Coifman RR, Wickerhauser MV: Wavelets, adapted waveforms and de-noising. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol Suppl. 1996. PMID: 8930516