Laura Manuelidis MD
Professor of Surgery (Neuropathology); Section Chief Neuropathology (Surgery)
Departments & Organizations
Clinical and experimental models of dementia with an emphasis on Transmissible Encephalopathies (TSEs); Chronic viral infections of the nervous system more...
- B.A., Sarah Lawrence College, 1963
- M.D., Yale University, 1967
- Nishida N, Katamine S, Manuelidis L. Reciprocal interference between specific CJD and scrapie agents in neural cell cultures. Science. 2005 310(5747):493-6. PMID: 16239476
- Manuelidis L. A 25 nm virion is the likely cause of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.J Cell Biochem. 2007 100(4):897-915. PMID: 17044041
- Manuelidis, L, Liu, Y, Mullins, B.: Strain-specific viral properties of variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob Disease (vCJD) are encoded by the agent and not by host prion protein. J Cell Biochem 106:220–231, 2009.