Vincent Allen Pieribone PhD
Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and of Neurobiology; Fellow, John B. Pierce Laboratory
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Membrane Proteins - Ion Channels | Membrane Biophysics | Cellular Neurophysiology | Neurobiology and Physiology of Synapses | Cell to Cell Communication | Physiology of Human Disease | Physiology and Integrative Medical Biology Track | Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Neurophysiology; Neurotransmission; Voltage and calcium imaging; Sensory physiology; Drug development; Coral biology; Fluorescent proteins more...
- B.A., New York University, 1986
- Ph.D., New York University, 1992
- Sparks JS, Schelly RC, Smith WL, Davis MP, Tchernov D, et al. (2014) The Covert World of Fish Biofluorescence: A Phylogenetically Widespread and Phenotypically Variable Phenomenon. PLoS ONE 9: e83259. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0083259.
- Cao G, Platisa J, Pieribone VA, Raccuglia D, Kunst M, et al. (2013) Genetically targeted optical electrophysiology in intact neural circuits. Cell 154: 904–913.
- Han Z, Jin L, Platisa J, Cohen LB, Baker BJ, et al. (2013) Fluorescent Protein Voltage Probes Derived from ArcLight that Respond to Membrane Voltage Changes with Fast Kinetics. PLoS ONE 8: e81295. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0081295.