Shirin Bahmanyar PhD, Stanford University, 2008
Assistant Professor of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; Assistant Professor as of July 1 2014
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
organelle structure, lipid synthesis, nuclear envelope, lamins, high resolution microscopy, cellular dynamics, C elegans
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 05/2001
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 2008
- Bahmanyar S, Biggs R, Schuh AL, Desai A, Muller-Reichert T, Audhya A, Dixon JE, and Oegema K. (2014) Spatial control of phospholipid flux restricts endoplasmic reticulum sheet formation to allow nuclear envelope breakdown. Genes Dev. 28(2):121-126
- Han S*, Bahmanyar S*, Zhang P, Grishin N, Oegema K, Crooke R, Graham M, Reue K, Dixon JE, and Goodman JM. (2011) Nuclear envelope phosphatase 1-regulatory subunit 1 (formerly TMEM188) is the metazoan Spo7p ortholog and functions in the lipin activation pathway. J Biol Chem. 287(5):3123-37.
- Bahmanyar S*, Kaplan DD*, DeLuca JG, Giddings Jr. TH, O’Toole ET, Winey M, Salmon ED, Casey PJ, Nelson WJ, Barth AI. (2008) ß-Catenin is a Nek2 substrate involved in centrosome separation. Genes Dev. 22(1):91-105.