Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Office of Student ResearchCell Biology
Unfolded Protein Response (UPR); Endoplasmic Reticulum; Protein Translocation and Insertion; ER stress response; Misfolded Proteins; Protein Quality Control more...
- M.Sc., University of Madras, India, 2001
- Ph.D., University of Goettingen, Germany, 2005
- Plumb, P., Zhang, Z. R., Appathurai, S., and Mariappan. M#. A functional link between the co-translational protein translocation pathway and the UPR (eLife, in press) # Corresponding author
- *Mariappan, M., *Mateja, A., Dobosz, M., Bove, E., Hegde, R. S., and Keenan, R. J. (2011) The mechanisms of membrane associated steps in tail-anchored protein insertion. Nature 477, 61-66.
- Hessa, T., Sharma, A., Mariappan, M., Eshleman, H. D., Gutierrez, E., and Hegde, R. S. (2011) Protein targeting and degradation pathways are coupled for elimination of mislocalized proteins. Nature 475, 393-397.