Director of the Microbial Diversity Institute; HHMI Investigator
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Microbial Sciences Institute
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
Bacterial multiplication, cell division; chromosome segregation; cell cycle coordination; cell morphogenesis, cytokeleton, cell polarity more...
- M.S., University of Liege, Belgium, 1991
- Ph.D., University of Liege, Belgium, 1996
- Campos M, Surovtsev IV, Kato S, Paintdakhi A, Beltran B, Ebmeier SE, Jacobs-Wagner C (2014). A constant size extension drives bacterial cell size homeostasis. Cell 159:1433-46.
- Lim HC, Surovtsev IV, Beltran BG, Huang F, Bewersdorf J, Jacobs-Wagner C (2014). Evidence for a DNA-relay mechanism in ParABS-mediated chromosome segregation. Elife 3:e02758.
- Parry BR, Surovtsev IV, Cabeen MT, O'Hern CS, Dufresne ER, Jacobs-Wagner C (2014) The bacterial cytoplasm has glass-like properties and is fluidized by metabolic activity. Cell 156:183-94.