Yong Xiong PhD
Associate Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Immunology | Microbiology | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Office of Student ResearchMolecular VirologyStructural BiologyMolecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: Structural Biology; Mechanisms of Viral PathogenesisMolecular Virology
Innate immune systems; HIV; fatty acid synthase (FAS); polyketide synthase (PKS); Viral vectors more...
- M.S., Ohio State University, 1999
- Ph.D., Ohio State University, 2000
- Fang, Y., Jayaram, H., Shane, T., Kolmakova-Partensky, L., Wu, F., Williams, C., Xiong. Y. & Miller. C. (2009). Structure of a Prokaryotic Virtual Proton Pump at 3.2 Å Resolution. Nature 460, 1040-1043.
- Randau, L*†, Stanley, B*, Kohlway, A., Mechta, S., Xiong, Y.† and Söll, D.† (2009) A cytidine deaminase edits tRNAs in archaea. Science 324, 657-659. (*: Equal contributions; †: Corresponding authors).
- *Lomakin, I.B.,*#Xiong, Y., and #Steitz, T.A. (2007). The crystal structure of yeast fatty acid synthase, a cellular machine with eight active sites working together. Cell 129:319-332. (*equal contributions #corresponding authors).