Patrick Sung DPhil, Ph.D.
Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and of Therapeutic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Office of Student ResearchRadiobiology & RadiotherapyMolecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: DNA Replication and Repair; Sung LabTherapeutic Radiology/Radiation Oncology: RadiobiologyRadiobiology and Radiotherapy
Repair of DNA double-strand breaks; Repair by homologous recombination; Repair by DNA end-joining more...
- B.S., University of Liverpool, 1981
- D.Phil., University of Oxford, 1985
- Dray E, Etchin J, Wiese C, Saro D, Williams GJ, Hammel M, Yu X, Galkin VE, Liu D, Tsai MS, Sy SM, Schild D, Egelman E, Chen J, Sung P.Enhancement of RAD51 recombinase activity by the tumor suppressor PALB2. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010 Oct;17(10):1255-9.
- Niu H, Chung WH, Zhu Z, Kwon Y, Zhao W, Chi P, Prakash R, Seong C, Liu D, Lu L, Ira G, Sung P.Mechanism of the ATP-dependent DNA end-resection machinery from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nature. 2010 Sep 2;467(7311):108-11.
- Longerich S, San Filippo J, Liu D, Sung P. FANCI binds branched DNA and is mono-ubiquitinated by UBE2T-FANCL. J Biol Chem. 2009 Jul 18.