George Peter Beardsley MD, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Office of Student ResearchPediatricsDevelopmental Therapeutics
Biology of Osteosarcoma; Molecular enzymology of purine biosynthesis indicators for osteosarcoma; Molecular Pharmacology of anticancer and antiviral drugs which alter DNA structure; Biochemical Pharmacology of antifolate drugs; Development of novel antifolates more...
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 1971
- M.D., Duke University, 1974
- Foti, M., Marshalko, S.J., Schurter, E., Kumar, S., Beardsley G.P., and Schweitzer, B.I. (1997). Solution Structure of a DNA Dodecamer Containing the Antiviral Drug Ganciclovir: Combined use of NMR, Restrained Molecular Dynamics, and Full Relaxation Matrix Refinement. Biochemistry.
- Rayl, E., Moroson, B.A., and Beardsley, G.P. (1996). The human pur H gene product, 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase / IMP cyclohydrolase. J. Biol. Chem. 271:2225-33.
- Marshalko SJ, Schweitzer BI, Beardsley GP, Chiral chemical synthesis of DNA containing \(S\)-9-\(1,3-dihydroxy-2-propoxymethyl\)guanine \(DHPG\) and effects on thermal stability, duplex structure, and thermodynamics of duplex formation., Biochemistry, 34(28):9235-48, 18 1995 Abstract